Pastor Steven shared affirmations, or confessions that have helped to strengthen his faith daily. I'm totally going to do this. It goes along the same lines as looking in the mirror first thing in the morning at my mascara smeared eyes, afro-esque hair, unwanted little pooch on my lower stomach - and saying "You're nice, you're beautiful, and people like you!" Okay, so I don't do that. It's not very convincing. Hahah. Buuuut, the confessions I vow to focus on are VERY convincing. Here they are.....
Twelve Audacious Faith Confessions
1. I am fully forgiven and free from all shame and condemnation.
Romans 8:1-2; Ephesians 1:7-8; Joohn 1:9
2. I act in audacious faith to change the world in my generation.
Joshua 10:12-14; John 14:12
3. I have no fear or anxiety; I trust in the Lord with all my heart.
Proverbs 3:5-6; Philippians 4:6-7; 1 Peter 5:7
4. I am able to fulfill the calling God has placed on my life.
Exodus 3:9-12; Psalm 57:2; Colossians 1:24-29
5. I am fully resourced to do everything God has called me to do.
Deuteronomy 8:18; Luke 6:38; Philippians 4:13
6. I have to no insecurity, because I see myself the way God sees me.
Genesis 1:26-27; Psalm 139:13-16; Ephesians 5:25-27
7. I am a faithful spouse (if you're single, you can slip future in there) and a godly parent-our family is blessed.
Deuteronomy 6:6-9; Ephesians 5:22-25; Colossians 3:18-19; 1 Peter 3:1-7
8. I am completely whole - physically, mentally, and emotionally.
Psalm 103:1-5; Matthew 8:16-17; Corinthians 5:17; 1 Peter 2:24
9. I am increasing in influence and favor for the kingdom of God.
Genesis 45:4-8; 1 Samuel 2:26; Acts 2:37-47.
10. I am enabled to walk in the sacrificial love of Christ.
2 Thessalonians 2:16-17; 1 John 3:16; 4:9-12
11. I have the wisdom of the Lord concerning every decision I make.
2 Chronicles 1:7-12; Proverbs 2:6; Ecclesiastes 2:26; James 1:5
12. I am protected from all harm and evil in Jesus' name.
Genesis 50:20; Psalm 3:1-3; 2 Thessalonians 3:2-3.
I love everything about this. The scrapbook nerd is gonna come out in me and make a pretty little version of this to hang in my home. I hope you like!
Side note: this book would be an awesome bible study tool! Anyone interested??
Love you all!