Saturday, March 26, 2011

Audacious Faith

Last Sunday I ordered Sun Stand Still. It's a book written by the pastor who was guest speaker at our church last weekend. The sermon was awesome and I couldn't wait to read the book. I checked the mail last night and it was heeeeere!! I read for a little bit last night and some today. I'm about 115 pages in and it is so amazing. I recommend it to anyone EVERYONE!! The message is so inspirational and it really helps you examine who you are and exactly what your purpose is for your life. I know this sounds a little dramatic but it's so true!! The book was under ten bucks. I ordered it from Amazon. The author's name is Steven Furtick. Every time I reach a new topic I can find a crystal clear way to apply the concept to where I am in my life right now. I just came to a chapter where he talks about the slippery slope of losing faith. When you're on a spiritual high, it's easy to keep floating. But when something goes wrong and faith falters, it's easy to keep stumbling. Like I said, slippery slope. I am in the midst of recognizing my Sun Stand Still prayer. It has a lot to do with the whole job adventure I am about to dive head first into.

Pastor Steven shared affirmations, or confessions that have helped to strengthen his faith daily. I'm totally going to do this. It goes along the same lines as looking in the mirror first thing in the morning at my mascara smeared eyes, afro-esque hair, unwanted little pooch on my lower stomach - and saying "You're nice, you're beautiful, and people like you!" Okay, so I don't do that. It's not very convincing. Hahah. Buuuut, the confessions I vow to focus on are VERY convincing. Here they are.....

Twelve Audacious Faith Confessions


1. I am fully forgiven and free from all shame and condemnation.
   Romans 8:1-2; Ephesians 1:7-8; Joohn 1:9


2. I act in audacious faith to change the world in my generation.
   Joshua 10:12-14; John 14:12


3. I have no fear or anxiety; I trust in the Lord with all my heart.
   Proverbs 3:5-6; Philippians 4:6-7; 1 Peter 5:7


4. I am able to fulfill the calling God has placed on my life.
   Exodus 3:9-12; Psalm 57:2; Colossians 1:24-29


5. I am fully resourced to do everything God has called me to do.
   Deuteronomy 8:18; Luke 6:38; Philippians 4:13


6. I have to no insecurity, because I see myself the way God sees me.
   Genesis 1:26-27; Psalm 139:13-16; Ephesians 5:25-27


7. I am a faithful spouse (if you're single, you can slip future in there) and a godly parent-our family is blessed.
   Deuteronomy 6:6-9; Ephesians 5:22-25; Colossians 3:18-19; 1 Peter 3:1-7


8. I am completely whole - physically, mentally, and emotionally.
   Psalm 103:1-5; Matthew 8:16-17; Corinthians 5:17; 1 Peter 2:24


9. I am increasing in influence and favor for the kingdom of God.
   Genesis 45:4-8; 1 Samuel 2:26; Acts 2:37-47.


10.  I am enabled to walk in the sacrificial love of Christ.
   2 Thessalonians 2:16-17; 1 John 3:16; 4:9-12


11. I have the wisdom of the Lord concerning every decision I make.
   2 Chronicles 1:7-12; Proverbs 2:6; Ecclesiastes 2:26; James 1:5

12. I am protected from all harm and evil in Jesus' name.
   Genesis 50:20; Psalm 3:1-3; 2 Thessalonians 3:2-3.

I love everything about this. The scrapbook nerd is gonna come out in me and make a pretty little version of this to hang in my home. I hope you like!

Side note: this book would be an awesome bible study tool! Anyone interested??

Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment